Seascape18 – Jib track installation
The installation is quite straightforward; the required positions are in the pictures below.
The old jib cunningham setup included a small inox bridge on both sides that need to be removed before installing the two new jib tracks. After removal of bridges, the four holes need to be filled and finished.
– clean the holes with acetone and leave to dry
– seal the holes from the cabin side with duct tape
– fill the holes with polyester resin and wait one day for it to harden
– protect the top surface and sand around the holes. Degrease with acetone
– use the ssc18 Buffa gel coat RAL 9003 to finish the area
For drilling the holes for new jib track use a sharp drill. Use Sika 291 in the holes before pushing the bolts in the holes. Always turn the nut and not the bolt when tightening the track in position.